Elevate’s unique, relationship-based approach employs full-time staff who represent the community they serve. Part teacher, part mentor, part life coach, our dedicated team members make themselves available 24/7 to build relationships with students. The strength of these relationships is developed through four key program components.
COLLEGE / CAREER PLANNING
- Full-time, salaried teacher-mentors who are representative of our student population are available to their Elevate students 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Our staff works with students from year to year. This long-term relational approach allows for a “pipeline” of influence from 2nd through 12th grades.
- We focus students’ attention and energy into four program areas: Accredited Classes, Mentoring, Adventure, and College & Career.
- Cross-age mentoring allows our high school students to become leaders and role models for elementary youth.
- Elevate is not limited to the school year. Our year-round programming ensures students stay engaged.
The Complete Program
- THE CLASS – In an ELEVATE Orlando classroom, students focus on 13 Character Qualities and Life Skills
- THE MENTOR – An ELEVATE teacher-mentor spends 50% of his or her time outside the classroom, discovering their talents, interests, and hopes through quality time. This teacher-mentor is a positive role model, changing the trajectory of a student’s future.
- THE ADVENTURE – Through new and challenging experiences, students push themselves while learning teamwork and leadership skills.
- THE PLAN – Every student creates a plan for the future and explores options for career success.